วันศุกร์ที่ 7 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2554

Week 7

In the last week I showed you about academic. In this week, I'd like to share with you what I was studying in class.

In class.

I learned about ' If Clause' ,

First, I'd like to tell you, "what is the if clause means?





If Clause

The conditional sentence in English can be seen in terms of three principal types.

Types 1. Present /real (posible)

(If + v1., will, can, may, must, should, + v1.) or ( If + presen simple,future simple)


Ex.



  • If I were a single child, I would be very lonely.

ถ้าฉันเป็นลูกคนเดียว ฉันคงจะเหงามาก



  • If Suda goes to old school, she will meet her old friend.

ถ้าสุดาไปที่โรงเรียนเดิม หล่อนจะได้เจอเพื่อนเก่า


Type 2 present / unreal(impossible)


(If + v2., would, could, should, might + v1.) or (If + past simple, S + would + v1.)


Ex.



  • If I were a guy , I would have several girlfriends.

ถ้าฉันเป็นผู้ชาย ฉันจะมีแฟนหลายคน



  • If I were you, I would go to study abroad.

ถ้าฉันเป็นคุณ ฉันจะไปเรียนเมืองนอก


Type 3 past/unreal.


(If + past perfect, S + would/should + have + v3.)

Ex.



  • If you had gone to the party last night, you would have met your oldfriend.

ถ้าคุณไปงานเลี้ยงเมื่อคืนนี้ คุณได้เจอเพือนเก่าของคุณ


*** Mix Type


(If + past perfect, S + would adv. of time in the future)


Ex.


  • If Nan hadn't come late, she would meet Marry by now.
ถ้าแนนไม่มาสาย หล่อนคงได้เจอเมรี่แล้ว







ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น