วันพุธที่ 26 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2554

Week 10

In the last week, I shared you the dialogue and new vocabularies. In this week, I'd like to add dialogue and new vocabularies agains. If you ready, let's see together.

Part 2

Suda: I've got spare tickets. Why don't you come to the party with me?
Nan: Wow...That sounds great, only one problem...I've got nothing to wear a fancy dress party.
Suda: I'm going as David Beckham, so why don't you go as Posh Spice?
Nan: Hey, that's a great idea!

In the part 2, a fancy dress party is a party where people dress up as famous celebrities or film, cartoon, fairy tale characters, such as Luke Sky Walker, Mickey Mouse, Snow White or Cinderella. Fancy dress parties are very popular at centain times of the year, such as Halloween, Christmas and New Year.

Part 3

Suda : when should I come over?
Nan : Anytime before 9.00 o'clock, but the taxi is orderfor ten past nine, so don't be late!
Suda : Oh, I've just remembered. I was meant to be hanging out with Phat this evening. Can she come to the party too.?
Nan : Yeah sure, why not? The more the merrier.

In the last part, the more the merrier means the more fun the party (or other gathering) will be.

Reference

(I get English magazine)
www.igetenglish.com

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น